Youth Leadership Institute
Proudly Sponsored By
University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center
2 Week Program
Leadership Geauga County’s leadership experience provides participants with access to community leaders, hot-topic discussions, behind-the-scene site tours, and interactive panel interviews across all community sectors. This summer leadership institute emphasizes leadership development, learning through experience and provides in-depth knowledge, tools and the network to lead stronger organizations and better serve the community.
YOUTH INSTITUTE OVERVIEW
Through the Leadership Geauga Youth Leadership Institute, class members make unique connections in Geauga County, meet people driving community growth, enhance their leadership skills and develop close bonds with other young leaders.
During the Youth Leadership Institute, class members will:
- Improve interpersonal skills and increase confidence through the completion of the StrengthsQuest activity book, and focused team-based activities.
- Interact with local business, government, and community leaders, which many times leads to internships or shadowing opportunities.
- Peek behind the scenes of some of Geauga’s most interesting places and explore parts of the community you have never seen.
- Understand the importance of diversity and work with students from various ethnic, economic, and social backgrounds.
Students will also complete and go through a guided StrengthsQuest workshop. We want students to know and apply their unique Strengths to be more thriving and engaged in school and on teams. This is a highlight of the program for students who report higher levels of confidence from learning how their unique strengths can help them be better students and leaders.
Participants examine: Human Service offerings, Health and Safety systems, Government interactions, Business types, and Agricultural diversities. This allows for new connections and expanded learning in team settings.
2023 Program Calendar
Each class day runs from approximately 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and includes breakfast, lunch, and a closing reception.
- Monday, June 12
- Wednesday, June 14
- Friday, June 16
- Monday, June 19
- Wednesday, June 21
- Thursday, June 22 – Mentorship Day
- Friday, June 23 – Graduation
What Our Graduates Had to Say
I experienced valuable personal development.
I will be a better leader/team member
I built stronger connections in the community