Request for Proposals for Heritage Program Projects
Submit Your RFP
You are invited to submit a proposal for consideration by the Leadership Geauga Board of Trustees and the Heritage Program Class of 2021 Committee.
About Leadership Geauga and the Heritage Program
Formed in 1995, Leadership Geauga is a community-based nonprofit organization working to develop and encourage current and future leaders from a cross section of Geauga County. The program exposes them to our communities realities, opportunities and challenges so that they may positively contribute to Geauga’s economic, social, and civic development.
The third and newest Program under the Leadership Geauga organization’s program portfolio is the Heritage Program, focused on retirees, and soon-to-retire individuals. The Program offers the opportunity for experienced leaders to deepen their understanding of Geauga County assets, and define their next chapter of community involvement through collaborative problem-solving.
The goal of the Heritage Program is to create meaningful change in the community. Participants will learn about the community by meeting with local leaders and will see ways they can utilize their time and talents to create positive change. This is where your projects come in. Successful projects are well defined, with a specific request for engagement from a county agency or nonprofit, along with a targeted outcome for that engagement.
Considerations for your application
- Outline a project or initiative that serves the Geauga County community;
- Be realistic about expectations for team involvement (i.e., the hours that participants will focus on the project and the timing of the program);
- Be willing to engage with a Focus Project/Heritage Program team for no more than 90 days. There may be potential for phases that would exceed the 90 project commitment.
- Have a clear understanding that this engagement does not involve soliciting monetary donations or grant monies.
- Leadership Geauga and the Heritage Program will not consider Project Requests from religious organizations for sectarian purposes, for-profit companies, sports teams or political organizations.
- Acknowledge that services will be performed as jointly outlined once the initial project is approved, and the Heritage participants are professionals doing volunteer work.
2021 Heritage Class RFP
Beginning this year, The Heritage Program will receive and review proposals together for team projects. A committee appointed by the Leadership Geauga Board of Trustees and the 2021 Heritage Class participants will review the Request for Proposals upon submission and will choose projects that meet the participants’ skills and community impact areas of interest.
The Geauga County community benefits from the process through outcome-based Project Goals submitted upon a closing retreat in June, 2021, following their 6-8 week class participation. The class will narrow down the projects for selection prior to June 29, 2021 and if your project is in the finalist group, you will be invited to join the class on June 29, 2021 to further discuss your project expectations and initiate the project. Please save this date on your calendar. Also be prepared to present your project prior to the June Closing Retreat. We may select a few projects that can be discussed during one of our Class Days. If selected, we will confirm Class time and assist with your presentation.
Prior to submitting your application, please plan to meet via phone or Zoom with Pam Carson, Heritage Program Coordinator/Interim Executive Director, who will assist in helping you define your project and guide you through the RFP process.
Please call Pam at 216.538.3411 to schedule an interview.
- The name of the project
- Contact information (include name, address, phone, fax, and email)
- Please provide specific answers to the following questions—and limit the summary to two pages in length.
- A description of the civic initiative or problem that you are proposing for a project. Briefly outline the current dilemma. Why is this a civic problem? Why is it important to the Geauga County community?
- A clear explanation of the intended goals for engaging a team of Leadership Geauga Heritage participants. What would you hope to accomplish through this engagement?
- A summary of your organization’s history, mission and goals, an outline of current programs and services and summary of professional background and experience of the primary staff assigned to the project. Also include a description of the population size and demographic served, including the specific needs of clients, if relevant.
- An explanation of how we will know if the project or initiative is a success: how might we measure the impact of Leadership Geauga’s Heritage Program involvement with this initiative?
- A list of the organizations or individuals you are currently aligned or partnered with, if any.
Application Deadline is March 31, 2021
Please submit your application and/or questions via email to: email@example.com or call 216.538.3411
Pam Carson, Heritage Program/Interim Executive Director
Leadership Geauga 103 South Street, Suite 1
Chardon, OH 44024
Thank you for your interest!